Three-storey building at Magara village in Jubbal area of Shimla district in Himachal Pradeshwas trapped into fire. The fire was so uncontrolled that it resulted to the loss of property worth Rs 75 lakh to ashes.
The three-storey building with 34 rooms and housing 11 families was reduced to ashes in a few hours after the fire broke out.
The cause of the fire according to the police believe might have been by a short circuit.
The district administration has announced an immediate relief of Rs 11,000 to each family, besides one-month’s ration, clothes, tents and blankets.